Friday, August 2, 2013

Leap of Faith


Leap of Faith

 

How am I to learn the steps,

do I really want the dance,

moving in,

sliding back,

shall I leave or take a chance.

 

In the distance I can see,

silhouettes of heartaches past,

anxious as the music starts,

sometimes slow,

or much too fast.

 

I separate to go inside,

I back away to catch my breath.

Is this the dance of life I feel,

or prelude to another death.

 

Stretching for the turn that comes,

uncertain of the unknown pace,

unrehearsed,

ill defined,

for love is but a dance of grace.

 

Swept up in the rhythm now,

challenged by some old belief,

limits I have pushed beyond,

but safety calls me back to speak.

 

Dancers in formation pause,

take the leap or step aside. 

Faith beckons in a whispered voice,

protect your heart, but do not hide.

 

Open as a dancer would,

face the light and take the stage.

A leap of faith can free the heart,

with any turn,

at any age.

 

Lou Sparks Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment